It was founded by Bishop Jerome of Périgord, in the 12th century and completed in Romanesque/Gothic style in the 14th century. It is dedicated to Santa Maria de la Sede (Saint Mary of the See).
The apse houses a large cycle of 53 tables, 12 of which by the 15th-century Italian artist Dello Delli, depicting the life of Jesus and the Virgin Mary. A fresco of the Final Judgement is over them.
Juan Francés de Iribarren was organist at the Old Cathedral in 1717–1733.
The cathedral was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries and it was declared a national monument in 1887.
Note: Please, press “h” to see the screen background in black.