Tag Archives: retable

La iglesia de San Nicolás de Bari de Burgos by neobit

La iglesia de San Nicolás de Bari de Burgos es un templo católico situada al lado del Camino de Santiago, en la calle de Fernán González, en frente de la catedral.
Desde que la Iglesia de San Esteban fue convertida en el museo del Retablo es la sede de la parroquia de San Esteban.
Fue levantada en 1408 sobre otro templo románico. La preside uno de los retablos más impresionantes y monumentales del Arte del Renacimiento Castellano, realizado en el siglo XV en el taller de Simón de Colonia, diseñado por él y realizado por su hijo Francisco. También de gran interés son sus sepulcros góticos, el arco renacentista de María Sáez de Oña y Fernando de Mena y las tablas de la escuela burgalesa del Maestro de San Nicolás.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Iglesia de San Nicolás de Bari is a Catholic church on Calle de Fernán González in Burgos, Spain, located next to the Camino de Santiago, in front of the cathedral. Since the Church of San Esteban was turned into a museum, it has served as the seat of the parish of San Esteban. The church was built in 1408, replacing another Romanesque temple. It contains notable examples of fifteenth century Castilian Renaissance art by Simón de Colonia and his son Francisco. Also of great interest are the Gothic tombs, and the Renaissance arc by María Sáez de Oña and Fernando de Mena.

via http://ift.tt/1FhD3QN

Capilla de la Concepción o Santa Ana – Catedral de Santa María de Burgos by neobit

This Chapel occupies the site of two earlier chapels and a small courtyard; it was built between 1477 and 1488, by the architects Juan and Simón de Colonia, and was paid for by Bishop Luis de Acuña y Osorio. In the wall of the apse there is a lavish altarpiece in the Flemish Gothic style dedicated to St Joaquin and St Anne. This is the work of Gil de Siloe, who put the finishing touches to the main section in 1492; it depicts the Tree of Jesse around the embrace of Joaquin and Anne, the parents of the Virgin Mary. The lateral sections shelter under fine porches, with numerous statues of saints and prophets, Marian scenes, hagiographies and an image of the founder bishop.

via http://ift.tt/1KQua34