Lamp post on Pont Alexander III.
The Alexander III bridge, with a length of 154 meters and a width 45 meters, built by engineers Jean Amédée Alby and Résal for the World Expo 1900 . The first stone was laid by Tsar Nicolas II , son of Alexander III of Russia in 1896, the bridge was designed to symbolize Franco-Russian friendship. This is the president Emile Loubet who inaugurated. It consists of a metal arch 107,50 meters, flanked by two viaducts 22.50 meters each. The bridge has on its entire length, richly decorated cast iron which participates in renowned.
Pont Alexandre III connects the esplanade of the Invalides in Wilson Churchill Avenue