Tag Archives: silence

Silence by TatarCristian

Evidence of the existence of the Parodi Ligure region goes back as early as 937 when it was identified as “Palode.” It later was assigned to the Castiglione monastery. The town was fortified around 1128 (Castrum Palodii). It was sold to the Republic of Genoa, after the Genoese liberated the Marquis of Parodi, Alberto ‘Zueta’, who had been held hostage by the Lord of Castelletto. From this time, it was under the control of Genoa, although Alberto’s son, William, nicknamed ‘the Saracen’, unsuccessfully attempted to regain it, with support from his maternal uncle, William V of Montferrat. In 1945 some damage was sustained to the region, with some houses being burnt, as a result of the Nazi/Fascist confrontations. (This region of Italy is famous for being anti-fascist.) Wikipedia

via http://ift.tt/1O0tcCd

Săpânţa Peri Monastery. by vjdooms

In 1391, his grandchildren have given Dragos Voda Monastery land and real Peri, being built a stone church. For 312 years, this stone church had its headquarters Romanian Diocese of Maramures. Dragoşeşti princes wore Monastery time patron Saint Michael the Archangel. Sapanta-Peri were translated and copied to the Romanian first “Psalter”, “The Gospel,” “Legend of Sunday”, “Voroţean Codex” and “Acts”. Seal time led to the destruction of the monastery in 1783.

Săpânţa Peri Monastery was founded in 1997, in the village Săpânţa desire to resume the historical tradition of the ancient monastery of St. Archangel Michael in Peri, Maramures, on Ukrainian territory. Built by the parish priest Gregory Lutai, by architect Dorel heart Peri Monastery Sapanta received in 2005, a community of nuns, who previously started construction work continued. Maramures style church in the monastery was clad initially with 8.5 kg of gold and the cross, seven meters high, in turn, coated with four kilos of gold. The building is located on the banks of the Tisza and was conducted between 1998 and 2003. The monastery tower is visible from a distance of five kilometers Tisza and can be admired by Romanians in Transcarpathia, historical Maramures region remaining in Ukraine. Currently supported 6 nuns monastery, Abbot nun Agnia Ciuban.

With a maximum height of 78 m, Sapanta-Peri monastery church now stands in 3rd place between places of worship in Romania, after Timisoara Orthodox Cathedral and St. Michael Roman Catholic Church in Cluj, and before other buildings towering wall as well as evangelical churches in Bistrita and Sibiu.

via http://ift.tt/1LRgBuH