Temple Mount is the castle mound in Alūksne, Alūksne lake south-west coast peninsula. This castle mound is the highest point in Alūksne. It is an ancient Latgalian castle mound and ancient town place. Temple Mount is the oldest inhabited place in Alūksne district, the top of which is located Hall Temple – granite rotunda. In 1807 Alūksne Baron Fietinghoff ordered to erect a granite rotunda – Fame temple in honor of the Great Northern War events in Alūksne. Rotunda dedicated to Russian field marshal Sheremetyev and Swedish army captain Woolf keepsake.