15th century cottage, once a courthouse, and now a tea-room owned by the National Trust next to Pont Fawr a narrow three-arch stone bridge, It is said to have been designed by Inigo Jones and it was built in 1636 by Sir John Wynn of Gwydir Castle. The bridge connects the town with Gwydir, a manor house dating from 1492, Originally built to carry horses and carts.
Old house façade nicely decorated with red geranium flowers and green ivy. Photo taken in the center of Donaueschingen.
The German town of Donaueshingen lies at the source of River Danube at eastern edge of Black Forest.
Donaueschingen is also famous for the Donaueschingen Musik Festival (Donaueschinger Musiktage) that takes place every October.
The festival was founded in 1921, it is one of the oldest festivals for contemporary classical music in the world, and among the best-known and most prestigious.
The town is close to Switzerland and France with less than an hour’s drive.
Zvornik fortress is a medieval castle located in Zvornik, Bosnia and Herzegovina, on the mountain Mlađevac overlooking the Drina Valley. Zvornik fortress is situated at an altitude of 147 m. It was probably built in the 12th or 13th century and is one of the largest medieval fortresses in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ružica Church (Serbian: Црква Ружица, Little Rose Church) is a Serbian Orthodox church located in the Kalemegdan Fortress, in Belgrade, Serbia. A church of the same name existed on the site in the time of Stefan Lazarević. It was demolished in 1521 by the invading Ottoman Turks. The church was used as a gunpowder magazine in the 18th century, and was converted into a military church between 1867 and 1869. Heavily damaged during the First World War, the church was renovated in 1925. The iconostasis was carved by Kosta Todorović, and the icons painted by Rafailo Momčilović. The walls were covered in paintings by Andrej Bicenko, a Russian artist.