Left abandoned for a long time and used as the seat of the courts in the seventies before the construction of the new courthouse Portoria, saw complete its restoration during the “Columbus celebrations” of 1992, which were commemorated Christopher Columbus and the quincentennial of the discovery of America.
The building was built by Guglielmo Boccanegra, uncle of Simone Boccanegra, the first Doge of Genoa and its construction were used materials provided by the Byzantine Emperor Michael VIII arising from the demolition of the embassy of Venice in Constantinople. It was a reward for the help of Genoa against the Latin Empire.
= VIEW MARANATHA.IT PORTFOLIO on 500px
= MARANATHA.IT PHOTOGRAPHY on FACEBOOK PAGE
= Thank you for visiting and leaving comment! = Press H for better result
Sestri Levante, Basilica Santa Maria di Nazareth. Gulf of Tigullio, Riviera Ligure di Levante, Ligurian Sea, Genoa Italy
The church of Santa Maria di Nazareth was built in 1604 and completed in little more than twelve years.
For a general info (in italian) read the following two pages : http://bit.ly/1INhffq