Tag Archives: gazebo

Pavilion of Friendship by mixbsd

A full spectrum shot of a Chinese pavilion in the Mississauga Chinese Centre, Ontario, Canada.

A nearby plaque reads: “The Pavilion is a gift of Jiangsu Provincial Government and is called the ‘Pavilion of Friendship’.”

via http://ift.tt/1RtB0dt

Old Fashioned Gazebo Infrared by mixbsd

An old fashioned gazebo amongst the foliage. This gazebo is located just outside the boundary of the Spanish Embassy in Djurgården, Stockholms Län, Sweden.

I bumped up the dehaze, vibrance and saturation in LightRoom to give the foliage a little more colour, although it had the effect of making the IR hotspot stand out a little more (the blueish tones near the middle of the image).

via http://ift.tt/1Fw9law

Calantha Sears Gazebo at Bailey’s Hill in B&W by roncalder60

On September 25, 2005, the Town of Nahant officially commemorated the completely rebuilt Bailey’s Hill Gazebo as the Calantha Sears Gazebo. The original was built for the bicentennial in 1976, and over the years had fallen into disrepair. With funding from the Woman’s Club of Nahant and collaboration with the town of Nahant, local residents contributed to its reconstruction. Besides the cement base, the only remaining piece of the original is the wooden cylinder in the center of the roof, which still bears the “1976” emblem. Bailey’s Hill was formally part of Fort Ruckman. Fort Ruckman was a U.S. Coast Artillery fort located in Nahant, Massachusetts. Originally called the Nahant Military Reservation, the fort was laid out in 1904-1907 and covered an area of about 45 acres just northwest of Bass Point, on the southwest side of the Nahant peninsula. During the 1920s, this area was renamed in honor of Maj. Gen. John Wilson Ruckman, a former Colonel in the Coast Artillery.

The fort was decommissioned after WW2 and the property was sold to the town and to private owners beginning in about 1947. The fire control tower indicated on the map was used as part of the Army/Lincoln Labs Nike program-related radar research and development during the late 1940s and early 1950s and at one point had a large radar antenna on its roof. A Nike target tracking radar was also erected on Bayley’s Hill (the eastern edge of the fort) during the 1950s.

via http://ift.tt/1Ovqcd2