Tag Archives: courtyard

courtyard by Va8ik

Городишко Струнино (население меньше 15 тысяч). Село Струнино известно с 1492 года. По одной версии название произошло от Фёдора Струна Сухорина, жившего в XV веке в Переславле. По другой версии Иван Грозный по пути в Александровскую Слободу останавливался в этих местах зверя струнить, отсюда и произошло название «Струнино». На сегодняшний день только дворик на снимке и церковь свидетельствуют о древнем происхождении этого поселения.

via http://ift.tt/1G4tr6S

Mission Carmel by PatKofahl

Mission Carmel is the second mission built by Franciscan missionaries in Upper California.The mission was the headquarters of the Alta California missions headed by Father Junípero Serra from 1770 until his death in 1784. Mission Carmel is one of the most authentically restored of all the mission churches in California. It is the only one of the California Missions to have its original bell tower dome, and has been designated a National Historic Landmark by the National Park Service. It is an active parish church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Monterey. ~Wikipedia

via http://ift.tt/1Nxa1h8