Tag Archives: 1948

Hammam by AliKordZadeh

This bath house or so called Hammam is situated within the ruins of the Ancient Agora, close to the Tree of Hippocrates. It is known as the Great Yalı Hammam. This Ottoman bath house, built in the 17th century, is the only bath house among the Dodecanes Islands to have been used up to 1948. Because of its proximity to the harbor, from 1948 to the 1980s it was used as a salt depot.

via http://ift.tt/1hNnDs7