The Moscow Kremlin was built in 1482-1495. It is situated on the high left bank of the Moskva River, where the river Neglinnaya flows into it.
The present red walls and towers of the Kremlin were built in 1485-1516. At the top the wall is decorated with the teeth in the form of a swallow’s tail. On the outer side the wall is smooth and the inner side of the wall is framed with arched recesses for reinforcement and facilitating the construction. In the Kremlin there are five palaces and four cathedrals.