Capilla de la Presentación – Catedral de Santa María de Burgos by neobit

Dedicada a la Consolación y a la Presentación fue realizada entre los años 1519 a 1524 por el maestro Juan de Matienzo, quien llevó a cabo un espacio de planta central cubierta con bóveda estrellada con plementería central calada. Sigue el gusto por las capillas suntuosas como la de los Condestables, en la que se inspira. Fue patrocinada por el canónigo Don Gonzalo de Lerma, cuyo sepulcro tallado en alabastro por Felipe de Vigarny, con su estatua yacente, ocupa el centro de la misma.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
This chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of the Consolation and Our Lady of the Presentation and was built between 1519 and 1524 by the Master Builder Juan de Matienzo, who constructed a space with a central floor covered with a stellar vault with a pierced central plementería (stone design). It follows the same lines as sumptuous chapels such as the Chapel of the Constables on which it is based. It was commissioned by Canon Gonzalo de Lerma, whose tomb in alabaster with its recumbent statue was carved by Felipe de Vigarny and occupies the centre of the chapel.

via http://ift.tt/1KzbYYp